Sunday, July 27, 2008

Assignment 2

Creating a Blog using Blogger.com

This assignment allowed me to create a personal Blog. The assignment had two objectives the first was to post an introduction about myself (background, education, experiences, interests, and etc.) and the second objective was to create an introduction to my Blogfolio. My Blogfolio was created at the end of the semester and encompasses a review of all assignments completed within IT 648, Computer-based Instructional Technology course I took at The University of Southern Mississippi. I used Blogger.com to create a free web blog.

I logged into Blogger.com, created an account, picked a design template and started creating my Blog. I was surprised to see how easy creating a blog could actually be! Once I looked at my peer’s blogs I found that you could insert links, pictures etc. I was able to incorporate many components within this page and automatically post it to the Internet. This will be a great resource when teaching because it will allow me the ability to provide my students with a web space dedicated to content based discussions. I enjoyed this assignment and am eager to continue blogging throughout the rest of my doctoral work! 

Additional blogs I have created can be viewed at:

IT 645: Computers in Education: http://it645jennstyron.blogspot.com/

This blog was created for an additional Instructional Technology course I took at The University of Southern Mississippi.

Personal Blog: http://jennifer-styron.blogspot.com/

I created this blog prior to my course blogs hoping to engage online bloggers within technology-based discussions and ethical questions surround the incorporation of technology in education. I now realize the trick to blogs is that you have to encourage particpation as no one has ever posted to my blog! I did have fun creating it though… 

No comments: