Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Self Introduction

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jennifer Styron. I am a doctoral student at The University of Southern Mississippi. I am pursuing a minor in Instructional Technology and am very exciting about the learning opportunities technology is affording to students throughout the world! I aspire to work in the field helping integrate emerging technologies into curriculum developing and challenging education to take learning to the next level. I hope to work for a visionary organization whose mission is to proactively help increase efficiency, reduce cost, improve accessibility, retention and customer service. I look forward to building relationships with similar companies and collaborating with them on projects and research, together helping our nation lead the way into the 21st century!

I graduated from Northwestern State University in 2003 with a Hospitality Management and Tourism degree. Post graduation I worked as a consultant for my sorority and had the opportunity to travel the midwest and Alaska helping chapters develop women leaders on their campuses. It was a pleasure working with students as well as my sorority, Alpha Sigma Alpha however something was still missing. Upon completion of my position in 2005 I moved to Portland, Oregon where I took a position as an admissions advisor at an online university. It was in this role that I found my passion for the wonderful world of technology and have been hooked since!

I am a huge family person, have a deep appreciation for the arts, enjoy sports and am crazy about traveling!! My favorite place I have visited has been New York. I love the energy, determination, and spunk the city (and its people) has to offer. I hope after I graduate to live close to the area so that I may visit frequently. Chicago could hold the number two spot on my list. I tend to be a city girl however I enjoy the West Coast immensely also which is much different than the city life I generally enjoy. My favorite sports teams are the New York Yankees (obviously), the Indianapolis Colts (lived in Indiana when I traveled for the sorority), and the Phoenix Suns (no reason except I love the team's running game). I always root for the Saints since I am originally from Louisiana and hope to ONE DAY see them win a Super Bowl!





No comments: